Feel Like the Walking Dead in the Morning?
It's that time of year when the chill and dark mornings can really make you feel like a Zombie. Here are some suggestions on how to start your day off on a brighter note before heading in to the office:
8 Tips to Liven Up and Face the Work Day
- Water: drinking a cool glass of water on an empty stomach can wake up your metabolism and rehydrate you after a night's sleep.
- Fresh Air: take the dog, or just yourself, out for a quick walk; the air will clear your head and moving all your muscles will energize you.
- Stretch: a few minutes of stretching exercises or simple yoga routines will get blood flowing through your whole body and work out any night time stiffness.
- Eat Well: an energizing breakfast is one based on healthy proteins, fruit and whole grains for energy; not empty carbohydrates and sugar to drain you.
- Drink Up: enjoy a hot beverage of your choice; caffeine in moderation is not a bad thing, just don't slow your system down by adding lots of sugar and processed ingredients.
- Music: instead of listening to depressing news reports, try some energizing music to put you in a good mood.
- Take a Tech Break: those work emails will still be waiting for you once you get to the office, right? Why not face them with a clear head and a positive attitude?
- Hug and Kiss the Ones you Love: kids, spouse, dog, cat, your car, whatever; just take a few seconds to appreciate the good things in your life.
And, stop in or call anytime to talk to the helpful team at Workspace Solutions. Workspace Solutions offers a variety of office furniture (new and used), and office design ideas guaranteed to keep that Walking Dead feeling out of your workplace — all day long!